[TR] Anybody installed RetroSport wheels on a TR4A

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Mon May 5 14:04:00 MDT 2014

I put on American Racing Silverstones 15 x 6 years ago. The 165-15
Michelin X that I measured was 79.75" (deflated) circumference, 25.4"
diameter.
I measured another brand that was a little smaller. I downloaded a
tire size calculator and came up with 205-65-15. The calculator said a
perfect match would be 205-64-15. (The calculator is just a
spreadsheet but someone else was better at that than me.) Online tire
size calculators are plentiful, just search. Most people say that the
old tires had a profile equivalent to 80 and if you put that in the
calculator 165-80-15 the circumference is 79.77". Best match for a 16"
is 195-60-16, perfect match 195-61-16.

I really don't think 15x7 would work. I had to reduce my turning lock
to lock because the wheels scraped the end of the upper A arm. I would
have been better off with 5.5" but if you want Silverstones you take
what you can get.

Allen
TR4