[TR] Anybody installed RetroSport wheels on a TR4A

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun May 4 18:53:49 MDT 2014

I took my TR4A to it's first car show today and talked to a guy with a Sunbeam
Tiger who had a 4-spoke aluminum wheel that looked really nice made by a
company called RetroSport. It was kind of similar to the Konig Rewind look.
Has anyone had any experience with these wheels? Specifically, I would be
interested in finding out if I can install a set of 15x7 wheels without
modifications to the suspension or adding spacers. I can get either a 0 or +3
offset.
The Konig Rewinds are nice but I need to go to a 16 inch wheel and tire. I
think if I stay with a 15 inch I would have a better chance of staying
reasonably close to the standard Triumph wheel diameter which I think is 26"
(someone correct me if I am wrong). The reason is I would like to keep the
speedo reasonably accurate.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt