[TR] TR6 Gearbox - Countershaft bearings

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 10:09:09 MDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Mark J Bradakis <mark at bradakis.com> wrote:
> As I recall I use two small screwdrivers.  One is placed along the end of
> the clip
> that slopes down, so to speak, the other is placed so that you can pry under
> the
> other end while pushing against the first screwdriver.

Thanks.  What I wound up doing was using one hand with a medium
screwdriver twisting between the clip and bearing to stop the clip
from turning, and in the other hand a small screwdriver to pick the
end of the clip out of the slot.  Once it came loose, I could twist
the small screwdriver to start the clip on its outward journey, then
switch to the large screwdriver to pry it further.  Once it was a
third of the way out, it was easy to grab it with pliers to pull it
toward the center and get it the rest of the way.

Now all I have to do is figure out how it goes back together... <VBG>

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.