[TR] Stromberg Air valves

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sat Mar 22 14:59:13 MDT 2014

Hi,

I have a couple of Stromberg air valves that have adjustable needles
that I want to put into my wife's TR250 that does not have adjustable
needles.

When I originally put them in, one of them caused a big change in the
air flow. One had about 1/2 the air flow through the carb as the other
or the original two - so I took them back out.

I have weighed them and discovered they are different weights -one is
about 119 grams the other 122 grams .  I would guess that explains the
difference in the air flow.  I am going to reduce the weight of the
heavier one.

My scale only measures in grams, is that close enough precision?

Thanks,
Roger