[TR] TR2/3 -ft. suspension upper fulcrum.

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 13:09:39 MDT 2014

> I'm recollecting that it is
> 7/16" fine thread.

Sounds right to me.

> Thinking of an alternative to the slotted
> nuts as my
> cotter-keys were broken off and have now blended in with the threads.

Clean thoroughly and look, you should be able to see a change in color between the broken cotter pin & the original threads.  Set a
pin punch on and tap it, should slide right out.  I frequently shear them off when I'm taking apart a rusty car.

> Want to try one of the "deflected thread" lock nuts in a thin version to
> give me the security of a locked nut on this joint.

Get the "center lock" variety, they should work.
http://www.mcmaster.com/?m=true#90636a057/=r7hcfv

Randall