[TR] Battery Tray/TR250

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Mar 22 07:02:16 MDT 2014

Gary,
Very good advice!
One other point to make is that if the condition of your TR-250 is as good
as you say, that certainly has value too.  If you balance that against the
cost of a ground up restoration, you will be money ahead and still have a
pretty original car which 50 years later is saying something.
Speaking for myself, I would estimate I have easily over $20K in my TR4A IRS
restoration so far and I still have to purchase and install a interior and
top! (Hope my wife doesn't read this..)  And, I did pretty much everything
myself. To qualify that though, my TR4A was pretty rough when I started on
it, major sheetmetal replacement, wrong frame, etc. plus I am sitting at 14
years plus right now..
The battery tray can be repaired/replaced but it is a major undertaking. I
think TRF sells the metal piece but it has to be welded in place. You could
probably create a "patch" from the replacement to repair your tray but with
all the cutting and welding involved, you would have to remove the dash,
heater, etc. to safely do that. But, in the whole scheme of things that is a
winter project.
my .02,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS