[TR] Rough Running TR4 - Update

Rick chandler.rick at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 19:46:16 MDT 2014

Paul,

You didn't give your location, so I'll assume that your TR was put to bed in
the fall, and you're now waking it up for spring. While you may have plenty
of fuel passing through the lines, the fuel quality, after a cold, damp
(again, just guessing) winter may likely be poor. Here in Seattle, even with
some stabilizer, I find the first few pints of fuel to be contaminated with
water and debris. Runs like shit. Since I DO have a Facet, I run it until
the fuel is clear, usually a minuet or so, into a clear container at the
disconnected carb fuel line. Starts right up, and runs well enough to get me
to the next fresh fuel fill-up. Happens every spring. The discarded fuel is
filtered and added to my Dodge truck, which hardly notices.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image001.jpg]