[TR] Tr4 Leaf springs

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 12:53:58 MST 2014

I'm about to start a rebuild of the rear suspension. I hadn't planned to
replace the springs as there is no sag or apparent imbalance to the rear
end. Would  you all agree with that, or should I cough up for new springs
"just because" they''re 50 years old and have seen 200,00 plus miles. I
wonder as well if the new are not likely to be of inferior quality to the
original.
If I do replace, is there any point to "competition" springs, since I am
hardly a competitor?
If I do not replace - and I know this has been covered before, but I can't
get into the archives just now - what is recommended for lubrication?

Many thanks

John H