[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 198

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
Mon Jul 21 18:28:29 MDT 2014

I'm late to this party................... for the first 10 years of
ownership I kept my car completely stock..... stock and somewhat
reliable....but I got tired of constantly chasing backfires, misses,
stumbles, hesitations, carb tweaking, bad rotors, a marginal wire harness
etc etc. Some guys love spending hours tweaking, fixing and chasing those
types of problems and their trunks are fully stocked with tools and spare
parts. God bless them and their perseverance. So modification #1 was a
modern alternator and a AAW wire harness that has eliminated any and all
electrical problems for the past 10 years.... Following that was converting
it to Throttle Body Injection..... yup fuel injected the way it should have
been done..... starts instantly at any temperature, instant throttle
response, no misses, backfires etc and gets great fuel mileage.... I set the
timing 8 years ago and it's never needed to be reset..... then a Toyota 5
speed and a Nissan Q45 differential along with CVJs..... and the list goes
on and on.... In my mind I've lost none of the TR6 driving pleasure but have
made it 100% more reliable. These guys seem to agree with me
http://www.hemmings.com/hsx/stories/2009/02/01/hmn_feature1.html  Any other
TR6s ever been the cover story for Hemmings? And don't knock the Miata seats
with a headrest that actually protects your head! BL should have stayed with
the safer early seats.

If I ever sell the car I bet it does better than any other '75 in similar
condition....... In fact there was a thread on the List a number of years
back where value/desirability was ranked #1- 4 Speed with OD, #2 - 5 speed
and #3 - 4 speed.

I may not agree with what some people do to their cars but it's their car,
it makes them happy and it keeps the car on the road. Let's not be quick to
criticize and judge.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/