[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 198

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Mon Jul 21 17:17:25 MDT 2014

I agree with Joe also.
It I would have been able to by my 1968 TR4A when it was new, I would have
been modifying it the whole time I had the thing right up to when I went
into the service.. But then I grew up in California in the '50's and 60's so
modifying cars was expected.
As far as value, I don't think anybody who owns a Triumph is even remotely
considering selling it unless there is some unfortunate circumstance that is
forcing them. So, what it's worth hopefully is no more important that what
it would cost to replace it.
One other point is that if you have ever watch one of these televised auto
auctions, the value of a car completely depends not on what the owner thinks
it's worth but what the buyer thinks it's worth..
Now, let's get back to enjoying our cars!!
Dave Connitt
1968 "slightly modified" TR4A.