[TR] Could it be rings-Update

Alan Myers amfoto1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 00:27:54 MDT 2014

Hi Alex,

A few other ideas... and easy things to try...

Have you tried different plugs, or perhaps simply swapping around the spark
plugs? It's not unheard of for new plugs to fail relatively quickly, and that
might cause problems similar to what you described.

If changing the plugs doesn't help, depending upon the lengths of your current
plug wires, you also might be able to simply swap them around too, to see if
the problem moves to a different cylinder along with a particular wire.

Also check both ends of the wire are clean and secure, and that none of the
plug wires are touching and running parallel to each other... that can cause a
persistent misfire. Keep the wires separated or only crossing at relatively
close to 90 degree angle.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
amfoto1 at aol.com