[TR] Alternative to Delco 10Si alternator?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 23 13:49:12 MST 2014

> Another alternative might be to buy a rebuilt alternator, and then swap your modified housing onto it.

PS, forgot to mention, I then reassembled the new housing with the old guts, and returned it for the core charge.

Also, if you don't have a strap wrench to grab the pulley (to loosen & tighten the nut), an old fan belt in the bench vise (or probably even vise grips) makes a good substitute.  Just don't try to use the belt for anything else afterwards.

Randall