[TR] Off Topic Code Reader

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Fri Jan 17 08:52:44 MST 2014

I've got a relatively inexpensive one I bought several years
ago.  Works fine for what it does - tell me what codes have been
registered or are pending and allow code reset.

The more expensive models will do things like give you real-time
readings (oil pressure, RPM, etc) and tell you what the code actually
MEANS.  I use Google for the code decryption instead.

So, the cheap ones are fine.  I did see a you tube video for an under
$50 device you plug into the ODB2 port and it pairs with your android
device, and you get the data display of a more expensive unit - they
had several gauges running on the cell phone in the video.

Tony Drews