[TR] TR6 Hesitation and Running Issue

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 25 07:44:02 MST 2014

Jonas,

Yes, this is a retard unit. You can disconnect it but I have mine
connected and it functions as designed. Idle is helped until the engine
warms up and then the thermostatic control at the radiator outlet kicks
in and stops the retardation.

Some on the 6-pack forum have opted for Moss's advance unit, others just
have removed the hose on the distributor and plugged the hose outlet
from the carb.

If the vacuum unit is on the rear of the dist, it is a retard even if
you think it is a replacement since its activation will pull the point
plate counter clockwise thus retarding the spark.

Bob