[TR] TR6 Hesitation and Running Issue

Brian Induni binduni at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 14:16:05 MST 2014

The retard units have the hose connected to the distributor side, the
advance units have the hose connected to the other, traditional, side. I
would take the cap off, apply vacuum, and observe which way it moves the
points plate. I believe 41558 is a retard unit. I know my Stag has this set
up and caused me great headaches in setting the timing. Read the set up
carefully and follow the vacuum retard instructions. This should provide a
good smooth running engine.

Brian