[TR] Door Window Replacement

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Tue Feb 25 07:31:57 MST 2014

As I posted before I'm in the middle of R&R-ing the doors on my TR4A. New
winders are in, door latch mechanism  cleaned and tightened, new window
channels in, new window installed and Fatmat installed. But, when I took it
apart there was plastic sheeting throughout, heavier than visqueen, but
still flexible. Most of the sheeting was clamped to the inside top lip using
small clips and appeared to be "guarding" the inside of the door, although
there was a piece attached to the window channel.  It deteriorated and tore
apart as I disassembled the door and need to replace it.

Does anybody know what this is? Is there an alternate? Does any of the big 3
carry the sheets premade?

Johnnie

'67 TR4A

---