[TR] TR250 emergency flashers

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Feb 18 20:10:49 MST 2014

The red/purple wire provides the power to the relay and the flasher -
but only when the flasher switch is in the correct position.  If the
flashers work with the jumper then the wire from the switch is good so
all you need to do is fix the wire to the flasher.  I don't know the
relative locations of those two parts on a TR250 but on a TR6 they are
pretty close together.  It should not be too big a pain to open up the
harness and fix the wire.  However, it is more likely the problem is at
the connection points so start there.

There is a special harness tape that has no adhesive.  You need a bit
of electrical tape at each end to keep it from unraveling.  Since there
is no adhesive the wires can shift about inside the wrap which makes it
possible to manipulate the harness and conform it to the route it must
take.  If you wrap a harness with electrical tape it will be too stiff
for that.  You can buy harness tape from British Wire.

Dave