[TR] TR250 emergency flashers

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Tue Feb 18 17:41:27 MST 2014

Hi,

The emergency flashers on my wife's TR250 don't work.  I was looking at
the wiring diagram.

There is a Purple and Red wire that goes from the Hazard Switch to the
Hazard Relay to the Hazard Flasher.  The wire goes back into the wiring
harness between the relay and the flasher.

If I connect a jumper from the purple and red terminal on the flasher to
the purple and red terminal on the relay, the flasher work fine.

I would like to fix this without an extra wire hanging loose.

Does anyone know if the purple and red wire from the hazard relay to the
hazard flasher just goes into the harness and comes back out? The
diagram doesn't show it going anywhere else.

How difficult would it be to unwrap the harness find and fix the break
in the wire (assuming that is what the problem is) and wrap it back up
and have it look right?

What is used for the wrapping?  I believe it should be something besides
electrical tape.

Thanks
Roger Elliott