[TR] Bad Gas?

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Feb 15 17:38:52 MST 2014

" If it helps (and it probably won't) take comfort from the fact they were
 just as difficult to start sometimes after spending a wet few months in the
 open in the depths of the freezing British 68/69 winter. Old habits die
hard
 when you learned 'em young :)

 Jonmac"

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner, and I feel pretty stupid, I pulled the
float bowls a Thursday night and they were full of gas, pumped the pump and
gas squirted mostly out the front carb, closed the valve on the front carb
and gas squirted out the rear when I primed the pump.

I checked all the wires in the ignition system, bolted it back up,
enrichened the mixture about half a turn, and put a squirt of starting fluid
in it and it fired right up and stayed running, it was a little warmer
today, but it was still quite finicky about how much I had the choke, and
would die off choke or when I gave it any gas till it warmed up, so I am
pretty sure it was just finicky when cold.  It was a bit of a head scratcher
because it has been quite reliable and I hadn't touched anything since I put
it up for the winter.

Thanks, Greg Lemon