[TR] Tr 6 engine

Cregg Cowan cregg.cowan at sri.com
Wed Aug 27 13:50:01 MDT 2014

Hi Jamie,

I suggest you circulate oil through the engine without turning it, since
the bearings are dry from sitting for many years.

I have a custom-made tool that allows turning the oil pump with an
electric drill.  The procedure is to remove the distributor and drive
gear, then replace
the drive gear "shaft" with the special tool.  It takes some practice to
get the distributor drive gear back in place, but it can be done with
patience (hint: mark the orientation of the drive gear when the  motor
is at TDC before disassembly).

I have heard that others use a pressurized oil canister
(such as
http://www.amazon.com/SURE-SHOT-Sprayer-Interior-Exterior/dp/B005POGY74)
and inject oil by temporarily removing one of the galley plugs.

Good luck!
Cregg