[TR] TR Reverse Lights

Jeffrey Gayton jtgayton at icloud.com
Mon Aug 25 18:45:48 MDT 2014

Randall,

I was amazed to learn that the reverse lights can be engaged via a connection
on the transmission. My TR4 has overdrive, but it was added later by the
previous owner. My reverse lights are engaged manually via a knob on the dash!
Can you give me more info on this? Id love to get mine working properly.

Thanks.

> ---- dave n <dave at ranteer.com> wrote:
>> just landed here.  its got three switches on top; Ibm not sure which is
>> which.  I think I know which is the overdrive switch, and then one is the
>> backup, and the other is a cutout that keeps it from engaging in first and
>> reverse?
>
> A-type OD uses two lockout switches.  Although they are called "lockout",
in
> fact they enable the OD when they are closed.  One switch closes when in
3rd
> or 4th gear, the other switch closes in 2nd gear.  Making OD available in
2nd,
> 3rd and 4th.
>
> The switch nearest the left side is the backup light switch.  The one
nearest
> the right side is the 2nd gear OD switch.  The one in the middle is for 3rd
&
> 4th.
>
> Randall

-- Jeff