[TR] TR Reverse Lights

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 21:28:11 MDT 2014

> I was amazed to learn that the reverse lights can be engaged
> via a connection
> on the transmission. My TR4 has overdrive, but it was added
> later by the
> previous owner. My reverse lights are engaged manually via a
> knob on the dash!
> Can you give me more info on this? Id love to get mine
> working properly.

I believe most of the details on how to add the switch are covered in the
article on the Buckeye Triumphs site:
http://tinyurl.com/ppk635m
Of course, Nelson was talking about the OD switches, but the reverse switch is
very similar.  It's just over the reverse shift fork
instead of the forward gears.  Then of course you'll have to add the wiring,
per the wiring diagram.

I think I had a diagram showing more precise switch location, but I can't find
it at the moment.  Maybe someone else has a copy
handy.

Randall