[TR] TR4A overdrive transmission

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 08:01:17 MDT 2014

> I think I may have been running multi-weight
> 20w-50 at the time.

If you do want to try 20W50, both Ken Gillanders and Herman van den Akker specifically recommend Valvoline Racing oil.  It is low
detergent plus has anti-foaming and ZDDP additives.  I ran it for several years, and had no trouble that I associated with the oil.
(I believe the slipping in 2nd gear was due to low oil pressure.)

Valvoline has changed hands and expanded their "Racing oil" line since then, I assume the non-synthetic, "Not Street Legal" stuff is
the equivalent of what they sold then.  "VR1" apparently has more detergent in it, to meet API requirements.

Randall