[TR] Spare Tire Options

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 20:15:14 MDT 2014

I see no problem with a stock wheel and tire as a spare if the diameter
approximates what is on the car, even if they are 16" wheels.  Just think
of it as a 'space-saver' spare and use it accordingly (i.e. moderate speed,
limited distance).

I carry a patch kit (the kind with a gooey rope and crochet needle) but
have never had to use it on the road.  I would be more likely to use that
(and a compressor) than a can of Fix-a-Flat as the aftermath with the rope
is less messy when you go to fix the tire right.

Geo