[TR] Seatbelts

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Nov 11 06:18:21 MST 2013

Moss has a set of aftermarket inertia reel belts that I fitted on my early
TR6 which was originally equipped with fixed three point belts.  There is a
guide loop that mounts in the weld nut where your current shoulder belt is
attached.  You will have to drill a hole for the reel, however.  It mounts
directly beneath the loop.  I used the same sized hardware (7/16 or 1/2 inch
bolts) with a lock washer, a standard grade 8 flat washer, a larger flat
washer and a LARGE fender washer, all to prevent pull-through should the event
arise.

An alternate approach is to find some late model TR6 belts (inertia reel)
and get them rewebbed.  Same approach other wise.

Dave
71 TR6