[TR] TR6 - Front Axle Upgrade kits

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed May 29 14:29:23 MDT 2013

>      2. Can I machine down the loose extender to make it
> tighter and where would I find shims?

Yes it can be machined.  In fact, you can probably do it yourself, with a
flat surface and a sheet of fine sandpaper.  Any industrial supply house
should have shims, though you'll need to find the appropriate sizes
yourself.  Note that it's better to have thicker shims if possible; the
.003" and smaller can sometimes tear in service.

>      3. Will the driver side loosen up over time and act normally?

Loosen up, yes.  But failure won't be far behind.  Either remove the spacer
or add the shims before you try to drive the car.

Randall