[TR] Fender Attachment TR4

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Mon May 27 23:21:19 MDT 2013

Hi Jim,

When I put the wings back on my TR4A, I used Butyl Rubber between the mating
surfaces. Sticky stuff (don't get it on your hands!), but pretty handy to
hold the chrome fender bead in place as you get the fender lined up. The
butyl rubber comes in a tube that pops in a caulking gun, and a little bit
goes a long way. It stays soft and flexible. I've done it this way on a lot
of other restorations I've done over the years and I will continue to do it.

Brian

Message: 5