[TR] Fender Attachment TR4

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue May 28 05:48:15 MDT 2013

I used a bead of rope calk in the seam.  In other words apply the calk to
the surface that will contact the inner wing before installation so that the
calk will fill the gap excluding water.  As you know, this is a three layer
metal sandwich that will wick up water and rust in spite of your efforts to
seal it off after the fact.  Your best defense is 1) a good coat of paint on
all the surfaces (the factory only had primer on those surfaces) and B) a
sealant to exclude water.

I did both and 17 years later I have no evidence of rust in those areas.

Dave