[TR] Fender Attachment TR4

Darrell Walker darrellw360 at mac.com
Mon May 27 18:00:39 MDT 2013

On May 27, 2013, at 4:55 PM, James Henningsen <trguy75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am slowly getting my TR4 restoration project back together.  The factory
> repair manual mentions using a sealant when installing the wings.  Has
> anyone done that, if so, what did you use and what technique did you use.
> The manual mentions applying to seam after wing installed from underneath.

When I did my car, I chose not to use anything.  My reasoning was that sealer
would just create a place to trap moisture.

I do get some (dirty) water forced up around the trim strip, but it isn't a
big deal, and I rarely drive it in the rain, anyway.

If you do use something, there is a 3M product that comes in strips similar to
modeling clay.  That would be what I would use, if I used anything.  It
remains pliable, so you can get the wings back off easily if you need to.  I
used it to help seal the transmission cover, for instance.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L