[TR] TR6 carb neadles

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 10:39:10 MDT 2013

kept my buddy company this week as he attempted to rebuild his zenith carbs
from his 73 TR6.

first frustration is buying a "rebuild kit" that contains
only 1/2 the parts you need to rebuild! got new jets but no new needle. what
the heck?

couple questions:

first how do you get that jet out?

second.
how do you get the needle out?
and the needle was wobbly. you could push it
sideways a little. is that normal? yes we had the little grub screw screwed in
and the little brass collar turned so the slot lined up with the grub screw..

also we could pull the needle down and it would pop back in like its on a
spring. is that normal?

thanks
Frank