[TR] Fwd: problem gas?

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Wed Jun 12 19:52:09 MDT 2013

Have to throw my two cents in even though I did not want to:

1.)  We heard this story about unleaded gas, not an issue.
2.)  We heard this story about zinc in the oil, maybe an issue, resolved with additive or Brad Penn.  My emails to the list with oil analysis proves it.  I am using Brad Penn.
3.)  TRF is selling Lucas gas treatment.

So, I posed a question to the list about the difference between Stabil and Lucas gas treatment.  Never got a response.  I treat each fill up with Lucas from TRF, and I use Stabil in the winter in the TR and all engines in the garage.  Run all dry except for the TR.  Don't shake the TR, don't drain any gas, don't do squat.  I use high test fuel from Shell and it is 10% Ethanol.

I replaced all rubber fuel lines with Ethanol proof from Moss.  I have seen no issue with carbs, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel separation, or any of the issues described.

The TR can sit for months, pull the choke, never put any charge on the Optima battery, I have a disconnect connector on it that I use in the winter.  Turn the key, fires up, drives like it is summer.

>From my side of the pond, this issue is not an issue for me.

Just one TR owners opinion.

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6