[TR] Fwd: problem gas?

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed Jun 12 20:40:13 MDT 2013

I agree with Craig, I have a number of vehicles, the Triumph sits quite some
time in winter, I will go out and start it to circulate fluids on a day when
it gets up to 40F or so, so it probably doesn't sit for more than two
months, but never a gas problem, I don't generally put ethanol in the
Triumph, but have done it on occasion when I have needed gas and end up at
some station that doesn't have premium without ethanol.

I do sometimes put ethanol (10%) in the lawn mower, it sits about five
months, I never drain the tank, or put any additive in it for the five month
hibernation for winter.  It starts up and runs fine every spring, or at
least has so far for the 3 or so lawn mower and 25 years or so of my home
ownership in my adult life.

I will add that my midwestern farm state heavily subsidizes ethanol, but it
is labeled, and generally you have regular, at about 87 octane rating,
mid-grade, with 10% ethanol, usually 89 octane, clearly labeled, and 10-15
cents a gallon cheaper than regular, and premium usually 91 octane, and
about 20-30 cents more than regular.

I do like having a choice and having it labeled though.

Greg Lemon