[TR] thots on side curtains

Peter Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Mon Jan 21 11:48:56 MST 2013

We had our TR3 in Minot ND while stationed there.  Had a very small block
heater that allowed me two engine turnovers as long as the clutch was in.
If it didn't start on the two turns, it wasn't going to start until
afternoon.  Just like you describe, the snow comes in the car, settles on
the seat, and thaws when you sit on it.  After the third day of winter the
seat becomes a block of ice.  Although we only lived about 10 minutes from
work, I always had a wet seat by the time I got there.  Carried a towel in
the car to sit on.  Kept me dry and worked like a champ.

Also used the car for varmit hunting in the winter.  Had to wear full
outdoor gear when going down the highway.  The "heater" kept the windshield
clear once it got going and after you scraped the inside and outside glass
first.  Lots of great stories from that car - always an adventure when we
drove it.  Still have a TR although the one in Minot made it to Guam, but
became too rusted to return home.  The cross country trip to California is
another story, but I made it without a breakdown.
Pete