[TR] thots on side curtains

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 20 21:20:03 MST 2013

> Anyone have these type of experiences?

Yup.  Been there, done that.  I also worked second shift at the time.
You've never lived until you've tried to push-start a TR3, by yourself, in a
parking lot covered with ice!  That was when I decided that an alternator
was an absolute must-have.  (But I did get it started and drove it home.)

My boss at the time drove an Opel GT and bragged to me more than once that
anything my TR could do, his Opel could do better.  So one night when snow
was predicted, I invited him back to my place for a beer after work.  As
predicted, we had about 3" of fresh snow on the ground, and being after
midnite the snow plows had not been around yet.  Of course I deliberately
took the route that led up a steep hill and the TR walked right up it ...
Don never did make it to my place and he never said another word about how
great his Opel was!

-- Randall