[TR] TR6 windshield mounting

Triumph List lgmtr6 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 03:11:17 MST 2013

I've done this job more times than I care to remember. It's an easy job but
you really need two people. Use the silicone that George recommended or there
is also a black silicone version that I usually use. Put the Gasket on the
windshield first, put a small bead of silicone in the gap on the gasket, use
slight pressure on the glass from the helper and pull the rope/twine around
the gasket while pressed to the frame and you'll be amazed how quick it goes
in. Don't let your helper press too hard or you'll be looking for another
windshield. Same procedure for a Herald, Spitfire and Stag (done them all).
Unfortunately, the new gaskets really don't last too long and get age cracks
on the corners after 3-4 years, despite being garaged so buy a good quality
gasket not the cheapest one.
Larry Miceli

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 10, 2013, at 4:45 AM, George Richardson <gpr at key-men.com> wrote:

> I'm going to be doing this for my TR6 some time this year, and although I
have no experience with it, I'm currently working on a Land Rover Discovery I
bought cheap.

> The Discovery is like a greenhouse with the amount of glass it has and every
one of these windows uses just a rubber seal.

> And around every seal it leaks and rusts. Use sealer.
>
> Land Rover owners recommend this stuff, whic hcan be used with the rubber
gasket in place:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_flowable-s
ilicone-windshield-and-glass-sealer-permatex_7160107-p?searchTerm=windshield+
sealer

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/gpr@key-men.com

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/lgmtr6@yahoo.com