[TR] TR6 Differential oil fill plug

Jack Mc McGaheyRx at aol.com
Wed Jan 2 08:10:37 MST 2013


What you are looking for is an 8 point socket - works on square bolt heads
with 4 of the 8 points - I've got a little set of 4 8-point sockets I got at
either Harbor Fright or Northern Tool which contains the size you need for the
differential and the size that fits the brake adjuster - I have Joe
Alexander's tool that Dave Massey referenced and I prefer it for the brake
adjuster, but if you have the 8 point socket for the diff plug and about a 2
foot extension, you can reach the diff plug with the right rear wheel off and
apply a lot of torque to get a stubborn plug out. Of course the J.A. Tool is
better for the gearbox fill plug - I'm glad I have both tools

Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 2, 2013, at 8:24 AM, robert rudolphi <robertrudolphi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I went to top off my differential (74 TR6) yesterday and
> noticed there is a square headed bolt that I don't seem to have a socket
> right size to fit. No matter what I used it seems to begin to strip. I was
> wondering if anyone knew the correct size and name for the best socket to
> remove this bolt.
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> Robert Rudolphi
> 74
> TR6
> ** triumphs at autox.team.net **
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

More information about the Triumphs mailing list