[TR] TR6 Differential oil fill plug

Jack Mc McGaheyRx at aol.com
Wed Jan 2 08:10:37 MST 2013

Robert,

What you are looking for is an 8 point socket - works on square bolt heads
with 4 of the 8 points - I've got a little set of 4 8-point sockets I got at
either Harbor Fright or Northern Tool which contains the size you need for the
differential and the size that fits the brake adjuster - I have Joe
Alexander's tool that Dave Massey referenced and I prefer it for the brake
adjuster, but if you have the 8 point socket for the diff plug and about a 2
foot extension, you can reach the diff plug with the right rear wheel off and
apply a lot of torque to get a stubborn plug out. Of course the J.A. Tool is
better for the gearbox fill plug - I'm glad I have both tools

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mcgaheyrx@aol.com