[TR] car haulers

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:13:07 MST 2013

Certainly a service we often need but rife with risks and incompetence.

The big names (Passport & Intercity) are pretty sound choices for enclosed
transport but may also be the priciest.

I recently shipped a car using a sole-proprietor set-up, a couple of
brothers with an enclosed 30' trailer.  They picked up the car in Oregon on
a Saturday afternoon and were at my place (Tucson) first thing Monday
morning.  They could have been there Sunday evening but I didn't want to
unload in the dark.  My car (and some boxes of parts) was the only thing in
the trailer.

I liked working with just one family, no driver/crew changes,
no unloading & reloading en route and no '68 Camaro leaking oil on my new
car.

The outfit is Double D Transport based in San Jose.  The contact is Bruce
Daniel (though his brother Myles & Myles' adult son Christopher did the
delivery).  They are federally licensed and insured (I ran the numbers
through the govt system).

Bruce's number is 408-340-0864.  Some info here:
http://www.uship.com/profile/doubledtrans1/

There are probably many competent, honest independents doing this sort of
work but they can be hard to find.

Geo