[TR] Overseas TR Sale

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 14:11:20 MST 2013

Bill -

I have been on the other end of this on two occasions... buying British
cars sight-unseen.  Both outcomes were excellent but it is not an approach
for the faint of heart.

If the potential buyer speaks good English then long phone conversation may
help put him at ease and lend credibility to all you say.

An offer to provide close-up detailed photos of any areas of concern may be
helpful if you have not already done that.

A third-party inspection could be useful though he may not be in a position
to arrange this and having you set up the inspection might compromise its
impartiality.

You could send him a link to your 420 emails in the list archives:  The
Best of Bill<http://www.team.net/mharc/archives/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=Beecher&submit=Search%21&idxname=triumphs&max=20&result=normal&sort=score>
so he can see what you were asking about and sweating over in the past vis
a vis this car (and also get a sense of you & how you operate).

Sorry to see it go -- hope there is a German/Dutch/French word for Tarbaby
that he can use.

Geo