[TR] Overseas TR Sale

Jeff fishplate at charter.net
Tue Dec 3 16:18:29 MST 2013

On 12/3/2013 3:52 PM, bill_beecher at flash.net wrote:
> Would love to hear from someone who has BTDT.

I sold a rusty old VW Campmobile to a guy in the UK.  Plenty of
pictures, a couple of phone conversations, and some more pictures, and
he was happy.  He sent the money first (via PayPal), and then arranged
to have the car picked up.

It dawned on me at that point that he sent money without any positive
proof that the car even existed...except my word for it.

So, there is an element of trust on the part of both the buyer and the
seller.  But my experience was as smooth as can be.  the suggestion to
point to your online history is a great one...should help ease the
buyer's mind.

(And I sold that old VW for enough to buy a nice TR6!)

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.