[TR] tr-3 temp sensor

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 31 20:06:00 MDT 2013

I've just been removing and re-installing thermostat and temperature sensor
from my tr-3.  I have a question concerning the temp sensor.  I find that I
can tighten up the nut that holds the sensor in place very tightly.  But no
matter how tight it is the sensor can still be pulled in and out by approx.
1/4 inch.  It does seem to be springloaded and take some effort to pull in and
out.  (pulling on the wire wound capillary pipe) but still it does move.

think it has always been that way and never leaked but I don't understand it.
It seems that it should leak water.  Is it possible that the "springloaded"
pressure is enough to keep it tight and from leaking?  Or did I lose a bushing
that should also go inside the locking nut?
thanks!
gary n.