[TR] Pushrods tr4 engine won't go back down.

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sun Aug 4 08:34:47 MDT 2013

Probably when you are pulling the pushrod out, it's still "stuck" to
the lifter / tappet and has pulled the tappet out of its bore.  Since
you're taking off the head, that's not a big deal - if you weren't
removing the head, they are a pain to get back in their bores.

The oil in the tappet creates some "suction" between the pushrod and
the tappet.  You can try twirling the pushrod or pulling it up only
about a half inch (a centimeter) and then pushing back down until it
feels free of the tappet - it should pull out quite easily then.

You'll do fine - we'll be happy to help walk you through the process.

Cheers, Tony Drews