[TR] Pushrods tr4 engine won't go back down.

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sun Aug 4 08:27:52 MDT 2013

Jaap,

The vertical travel of the pushrods is determined by the position of its lobe
on the camshaft.
Each rod "stands" inside of a tappet, which rests on the camshaft.
As the camshaft rotates, driven by the timing chain from the crankshaft, the
tappet/rod unit move up and down.

My guess for the difference is that:

1. Maybe you rotated the camshaft since you removed the rods, and it is in the
high position now
2. The tappet is still in the hole, and is maybe "stuck" in a higher position,
resisting the rod

Best of luck.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/guy@genfiniti.com