[TR] One last question

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:09:09 MDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman at gmail.com>wrote:

> So what else have people done?  Should we expand the discussion to include
> ways to get more cool coolant to the #4 cylinder?

I semi-blocked the bypass with a 3/4" copper cap w/ a 3/16" hole -- no idea
if it helps (have no problem with cooling) but doesn't seem to hurt in
about 30 years of use.

Blocked Bypass <http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/bypasshose.JPG>

As for #4 -- last time I had the head off I rigged up a length of small
diameter brass tubing to my ShopVac and performed TR liposuction on the
coolant jacket, especially around number 4 where it sucked out what looked
for all the world like sand.

Like many of you, I've done so many things thru the years to improve
cooling I am unsure which help and which are just good luck charms.  The
net result cools well though (has to in Tucson) so I leave them all in
place.

Geo