[TR] One last question

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 09:20:32 MDT 2012

I put a restrictor in the bypass hose - on My TR4 it's an old 1/4 drive
drive socket that fit iinsde the hose just perfectly. On the TR2 it's a
Delrin spacer drilled with 1/4 inch hole.

I put the last of my smiths thermostats in the TR2 during the rebirth last
winter - it was still new in the box - but it over heated and I found it
was full of water when I removed it. I had a chevy thermostat and stuck it
in and we are doing well.   Well....-I ran it without the front apron on in
100 degree weather - it got a bit north of 200 degrees but did not boil
over.  Apron back in place - much better.

As an aside - Without the apron on I can see it was very easy for air to
flow around the radiator vs through it.  -  My new to me TR6 was the same
way - The radiator duct was missing and it was getting hot - it works much
better with a duct in place.