[TR] headlights dimmer

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Oct 26 16:47:28 MDT 2012

Kind of hard to say with that description.  It is possible to wire the bulbs wrong, but usually in that case you get a dim yellow glow rather than nothing at all.

I would start by verifying the voltages at the low beam relays with the low beams enabled.  You should find 12v across the relay coil terminals (85 and 86 if you used a modern style relay) (UR to black wires if you kept the original wiring colors).  And 12v from the relay output (the wire to the headlight) to ground.

-- Randall