[TR] headlights dimmer

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 13:32:07 MDT 2012

I've installed the tripod 700 headlights (tr-3) with two relays per headlight,
one each for high and low beams.  This includes a red wire power line from
starter solenoid on firewall.  Today I tried the dimmer switch for the first
time with no change.  All I have is brights and the lights go out completely
when I hit the dimmer.
I'm checking into the switch but also wonder about the
red power wire and whether that needs to go through the dimmer switch?  Or is
this comparable to the front turn signal lights in that I need to reverse the
wires to the headlights?

Electrical neophyte dufus here. LOL

gary n.