[TR] electronic ignition vs CEI, HEI vs CDI - a little technical

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 22:58:43 MST 2012

> OK, you live in California, right? did they use you for the
> inspiration for the old show McGyver?

Beats me.  It just seemed like the thing to do at the time.  No cell phone,
no AAA card, and I still don't like tow trucks.  And I had learned to cut
brushes out of battery posts way back in the 5th grade (when I used them for
slot car motors).  They didn't last as long as the commercial brushes, but
the price was right.  Necessity is a mother, or something like that.

Unfortunately alkaline cells don't use carbon posts, and the carbon-zinc
battery seems to be a thing of the past.

-- Randall