[TR] electronic ignition vs CEI, HEI vs CDI - a little technical

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 18:32:51 MST 2012

" I was able to limp home (actually it ran fine) by fabricating a
replacement button from a paper
 clip.  On the new cap, I removed the original resistor button and replaced
it with a chunk of relatively pure carbon (carved from the center post of a
flashlight battery), which was still working fine many years later when I
decided to try a Crane XR3000 (optical triggered CDI).

 -- Randall"

OK, you live in California, right? did they use you for the inspiration for
the old show McGyver?