[TR] electronic ignition vs CEI, HEI vs CDI - a little technical

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 14:14:23 MST 2012

Happy Holidays List!
I think it was Tony that started this thread & asked for
input.

I had the Pertronix system in my TR4A for a yr. & carried the
COMPLETE original points distributor in the boot. After a yr. I had a hard
time trying to do a tune up & was glad I had the point set up in the boot. All
I did was to move the Engine to the TDC mark, unthread the 2 nuts holding the
Pertronix clap & distributor unit, install my points distributor set with the
clamp, & drove off. Never got around to check timing until the next years tune
up. I just used the vernier adj of 1 or 2 clicks to get it back dead on. I
still haven't had the desire or time to check out the Pertronix unit to see
what the problem is/was, & I think I'm going on 3 years. It takes me awhile to
get around to doing things. :>)
-Cosmo Kramer