[TR] How many TR4s are there?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 25 08:53:29 MST 2012

Tim,

I would speculate that maybe 10% to 20% of the original production.

The 4 did not do well up here in the northeast with all the salt/sand
used during winter. On top of that, accidents took quite a few I would
guess.

I have had my 63 on the road 4 seasons now since restoration and I have
only seen 1 in all the shows/car hops I attend. I see a few 3s, many 6s,
Spitfires, and even a GT6 or 2 but the 4s and even the 4As are few and
far between.

I was at Watkins Glen a few years back in the 3 during the Fall vintage
races. Triumph was the featured mark and the only 4 I could remember
seeing was Matt's, from Triumph Rescue, red 4 under the tent. There were
many other Triumphs but not the 4.
Same in the parking areas. The 6 was the most popular followed by the 3.

Good luck on your repairs.

Bob